Wednesday, March 14, 2012

G1X in the car . . .

Ok, these are my first impressions of the Canon Powershot G1X. But first, let me tell you why I brought it. So I'm going to be going to some NCAA tournament basketball games, but as a spectator (my nephew is playing). In other words, no press pass. Knowing that most events like this forbid bringing in DSLRs, I had to come up with a solid compact solution. Usually, I'd turn to my trusty Olympus Pen micro 4/3rds rig, which I brought, but I only use the 17mm pancake lens with it. I thought the G1X, sporting a huge sensor and zoom lens is worth a go.

The G1X is bigger than my Pen, but still small enough to cram into a jacket pocket or the corner of dashboard. Buttons, knobs and switches all have logical placement, but the eye level viewfinder is pretty worthless. It's too small and awkward, the lens barrel blocks half of it.

First pic was with one of the added "effects modes". This one is in toy camera mode. Better one's to come . . . Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please ask for permission before using this content