Monday, February 20, 2012

My Primary Gear and Other Fun Rigs . . .



GEARED UP!

www.adams-foto.com


Primarily I shoot Nikon gear.  There is no real reason I chose Nikon over Canon except that I began my film career with Nikon and the lenses carried over to digital.  Being a collector, and certified camera nerd, I have well over 100 cameras in my collection including Canons, Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander, Yashica, Pentax and on and on.

Here are a few of my favorites.  I shot these with a D300 and the Novatron's on a simple white seamless setup using a white paper background.  One overhead light pointed direct at the paper, one main, one fill. Levels tweak via Lightroom 3 and text added with PS4.  Value based off of auctions found at Collectiblend, a vintage camera nerd resource.












Nikon D300 and D200s have been my latest "go to" tools.  At last count there were about 15 Nikon lenses in my toolbox with my favorite being the 85mm f/1.8, it's just solid.  For lighting I work pretty extensively with Nikon's CLS system.  I use 4 Nikon speedlights regularly (SB-900, SB-800, and 2 SB-600s) and coordinate them with the SU-800 controller.  For studio work I sometimes turn to a Novatron rig with 3-4 lights.  My "pocket" camera of choice is the original Olympus Pen EP-1 w/17mm f/2.8.

I'll add more posts later on the gear in my bags if anybody actually gives a shit . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

please ask for permission before using this content